Friday, June 22, 2007

The Lord is blessing us

Thursday brought a day full of information as well as a day of examination for the two of us. We met with or psych counselors and the general flow was definitely with the spirit of the Lord. We were evaluated by the testing we sent into them before the CO and it was interesting to see the results. The they spoke with us about using a few training modules as a preparation for the field. They did say that there are some experiences that I had as a child being raised by my mother that I truly need to grieve over I had never thought of as being a stumbling block I thought the Lord had allowed me to forgive her for the life she subjected me to but as they pointed out to me I had hardened my heart to the prospect of dealing with that heart issue. Please pray for me that He will be firm and enlightening on how He would have me to draw out that issue and seek His healing hand in that area of my life.

The children are enjoying their time in the MK program. The are raising funds for children in Guatemala and then preparing a package to go to those children. The curriculum is Young Peacemakers and I am thankful that they are learning it in relationship not just to the conflicts they may encounter at home but also in the field.

Wednesday night we listened to a speaker by the name of Dave Scoville that had served in Papuya, Indonesia for over 30 yrs and the stories he shared were enlightening to the Lord's plan for the nations He can take a people that has never encounter the words in a Big Book and use them to call to him a people that had in the past be one of violence and idols. Dave has written a book entitled The Incredible Dani and is leaving soon to go back so that a film can be made depicting the field as he was there. Art and I were amazed once again at the provisions of the Lord.
We are doing our best to not be homesick but we are missing the teachings and fellowship at home as well but we are resting in His hands as to what He would have us learn while we are here.

In His Grace
Art and Melodye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home